Sunday, June 6, 2010

Waiting

I feel like a kid at Christmas. I want to unwrap my veggie box and see what goodies are inside. The list for this Tuesday (our first week) is supposed to be posted on the Chelsea CSA website on Sunday night - several hours from now - and I've been checking the website for three days! It still has the list posted for the last delivery of last season:
   Keuka Gold Potatoes-4 pounds
  • Bolero Carrots-1 pound
  • Red Ace Beets-2 pounds
  • Brussels Sprouts- 3 stalks
  • Winterbor Kale-1 bunch
  • Italian Flat Leaf Parsley-1 bunch
  • Celeriac-1 root
  • Garlic-2 heads
  • Broccoli-2 heads
  • Romanesco Cauliflower-2 heads
All that sounds so yummy ... and at the same time begs the question: "What will I do with all that?!" But the fall veggies are so different from the spring veggies so this isn't a preview at all.


Benedicta bought a Green Smoothie book this week. She decided if I wasn't going to be home to cook she'd just prepare everything raw. And a new adventure begins! New Blendtec with 4" super blade is on order! Lemons and ginger have been purchased. Large drinking containers have been pulled from the back of the shelf and readied for green smoothie storage. There's a whole world of lettuce and leafy greens prep we're about to discover. Hopefully there won't be too many blech tastes along the way.

I impatiently wait and realize this is actually better than Christmas, because I'm anticipating surprises I won't have to regift.


No comments: