Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CSA Potluck

"What does CSA mean?" Benedicta asked for the fourth time after attending the potluck on Tuesday night. "Community Supported Agriculture," I repeated for the fourth time. "Okay," as she jotted her schedule down in her calendar.

Last night was the introductory potluck before the season gets underway. We'll be getting all our vegetables from Stoneledge Farm through October. As Benedicta commented during introductions, "My wife signed us up for this, now she's working, so I have to do all the work." Work meaning, volunteering to help out at the Tuesday afternoon distribution for four two-hour shifts. Oh, and there may be some washing of and perhaps even cooking of vegetables.

I WANT to do the whole thing. But it's not so easy when working two jobs. I think I will have to quit one of them in July. If for no other reason than to keep up with the vegetables. I have big plans for experimentation.

I did make the vegan coleslaw - Benedicta's contribution at the potluck. So I'm not a total slouch.

June 8th, the journey begins. Our cache for the week will be posted on Sunday - presumably so I can do preliminary shopping. Which is actually good since Monday is my only night off. This might just work out.

No comments: