Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hangin' Out

Work as play! I love days like this. Kylee's at my feet programing her new phone. I believe I'm her first picture. It only took four tries to get the lighting, angle and smile just right.

Had lunch with Robert at the Food Court in Grand Central. It had been much too long! Reminds me that I prefer life on a less serious basis. A little work here, a little play there!

And boy do I shun responsibility these days. In my former incarnation I couldn't imagine how one wouldn't welcome as much responsibility as could be handed out. I thrived on challenge.

Perhaps it's related to self-worth. I think I used to derive a sense of worth by what I was able to do. By who depended on me and what I accomplished. I've grown into a comfortable sense of worth simply by being. Just being me.

The day has flown by. And I've been able to do more work than has been required. Having light-hearted company keeps it all in perspective. It's hard to be complacent while being cheerful.

And now I have just a wee bit more work to get done. Responsibility calls! And I keep answering.

No comments: