Monday, August 6, 2007

Being Granny



What's more fun than hanging out at the pool with three of my favorite people: Shelaine, daughter; Elliott, grandson; and Kylee, sister. There's nothing better!

That precious smile, coupled with googling sounds and purposeful kicks and stretching, directed straight at me, is the closest there is to heaven on earth. Heaven right there, poolside.

Elliott giggled while wearing my big brimmed black sun hat. I understood in that instant what impelled me to buy it. It must have been a premonition. When faced with the $5 price tag I knew it was for me though I wasn't completely convinced I would wear a pseudo-Hamptons summer benefit hat. But I did know I had to have it enough to pack it up and take it across the Atlantic.

Impulsively I grabbed it as I headed out the door on Saturday. It was to be my only scheduled day near water for the duration of the summer. What could it hurt, there would be plenty of room in the car.

Little did I know it would be our best photo prop of the weekend. We'll have a lifetime of memories: Kylee wearing black hat holding Elliott in pool; Elliott with black hat; Granny holding Elliott wearing black hat.

I must prompt Shelaine to email it to me. One's destined for my desktop and I know just the one. And I may just get to posting some here.

Won't I have fun showing them off to Elliott's first love interest!

1 comment:

kkidder said...

Your grandson will be the cutest Hampton's vacationer ever. Your favorite people had so much fun with you too!