Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Flavors


The gourds, squash and pumpkins are coming in by the crate-load. I'm doing my best to keep them cooking, but this week I just left them on the table looking pretty. There were too many other goodies that don't have as long a shelf-life. Chile peppers were wonderfully accompanied by some leftover rice in search of a dish to host it. This recipe is so easy I'm always surprised at how good it is! As soon as I finish the post, I'm going to have the pleasure!


Kale! Dark green leafy wonder. I tried something new today. Sauteed sage in a dab of soy butter, then threw in some almond slivers to toast. Lastly, in goes the kale to wilt down to a tasty al dente. I had to stir this fast, and keep stirring because the almonds were so hot they were starting to pop. I think it'll go down nicely with steamed, farm-fresh cauliflower and broiled fresh-caught salmon a la thyme.


No comments: