Friday, July 2, 2010

Red Sorrel Salad with Escarole and White Beans and Zucchini and Sugar Snap Peas

Did you read that title? Yes, that was all at one meal!! The Friday before the 4th of July weekend the office closed at 2:00. That gave me four hours before I had to leave for the theater. What to do? Cook all those vegetables.


Start it off with Salad: Red Sorrel, Green Solix (lettuce), avacado, oranges and almond slivers topped with oil, rice vinegar and little sqeeze of fresh orange. Freshest, zestiest salad I've ever made. I hope there's more Red Sorrel growing up at Stoneledge Farm.




For the main course: Sauteed garlic scapes, escarole, white beans, salt and thyme. Tada! 




And now the side dish: Zucchini, a tad summer squash, sugar snap peas, red sorrel, tarragon, almond slivers and toasted sesame seeds. Crunchy goodness.




Looking so fresh just as it's about to be devoured.

The good news: We have more garlic scapes!!! These are definitely my new favorite cooking item. This was the last week for garlic scapes but fortunately they last a long time and Benedicta was manning the distribution table. Results: We scored 3 bundles, or 24 garlic scapes. 3 down, 21 to go.

Oh and I steamed spinach for freezing. Nothing left but the garlic scapes. And leftovers!!

1 comment:

ChristyEnglish said...

Gorgeous food! It makes me want to cook!